Paul Rudd is an actor who rose to prominence as a minor teen idol after starring in the 1995 picture ‘Clueless.’ He later starred in comedies such as ‘Anchorman,’ ‘This Is Forty,’ and the superhero franchise ‘Ant-Man.’
Paul Rudd Wiki/Bio
|Full Name||Paul Rudd (Paul Stephen Rudd)|
|Net Worth||$70 Million|
|Date of Birth||06 April 1969|
|Birth Place||Passaic, New Jersey, United States|
|Profession||Actor, Producer and Screenwriter|
|Hometown||Passaic, New Jersey, United States|
|School||Broadmoor Junior High School, Illinois, United States|
Shawnee Mission West High School, Kansas, United States
|College / University||University of Kansas, United States|
American Academy of Dramatic Arts, United States
British American Drama Academy, London, England
Paul Rudd: Who Is He?
Paul Rudd’s breakthrough performance in the 1995 picture Clueless catapulted him to prominence. His early films are Wet Hot American Summer, Cider House Rules, and William Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet, while his television performance earned him a recurrent role as Phoebe’s husband on Friends.
Rudd has subsequently established himself as a bona fide comedic film superstar, starring in Anchorman, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, and Admission. He later became a Marvel superhero after starring in 2015’s Ant-Man and its 2018 sequel.
Childhood & Career
- Paul Stephen Rudd was born in Passaic which is in New Jersey, on April 6, 1969. He relocated to Lenexa, Kansas, with his family when he was ten years old. He afterwards lived in Anaheim, California, for three years. His parents were devout Jews, and he received a traditional Jewish ‘bar mitzvah’ ceremony.
- He attended ‘Broadmoor Junior High’ and ‘Shawnee Mission West High School,’ respectively. He subsequently spent two years studying drama at the ‘University of Kansas.’
- He attended a three-month workshop at the ‘British Drama Academy’ at ‘Oxford University. He also participated in theatre plays while he was a student.
- In 1995, he landed his breakout role in Amy Heckerling’s comedic picture ‘Clueless.’ He also appeared in the film ‘Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers’ that year.
- He portrayed Sonny in the 1996 television adaptation of ‘Clueless.’ He also starred as Paris in Romeo + Juliet’ that year. Additionally, he appeared in the film ‘The Size of Watermelons’ (1996).
- He starred as Earl in John Patrick Kelley’s 1997 film ‘The Locusts.’ He starred in two films , ‘Overnight Delivery’ and ‘The Object of My Affection.’
- He was nominated for a ‘Screen Actors Guild Award’ in 2000 for his performance in the film ‘The Cider House Rules.’ He was also featured in the movie ‘200 Cigarettes’ that same year.
- He portrayed Brent Brooks in an episode of the television series ‘Strangers with Candy’ in 2000. He also appeared in the television film ‘The Great Gatsby’ that year.
- He made his television debut in 2002 as Mike Hannigan in the sitcom ‘Friends.’ He later appeared in films such as ‘Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy’ and ‘Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.’ Also, ‘Awaken, Ron Burgundy: The Forgotten Film,’ ‘I Could Never Be Your Woman,’ ‘The 40-Year-Old Virgin,’ and ‘Knocked Up.’
- He starred as Peter Klaven in the 2009 film ‘I Love You, Man.’ He voiced a character named Derek Dietl in the movie ‘Monsters vs Aliens’ the same year and subsequently appeared in Year One’ as a cameo.
- He appeared in the films ‘Dinner for Schmucks’ and ‘How Do You Know’ in 2010. He appeared in the movie ‘Our Idiot Brother and ‘Bridesmaids’ the following year.
- He produced the 2012 film ‘Wanderlust,’ in which he also starred as George. He also appeared in the critically praised films ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower’ and ‘This Is 40’.
- He portrayed John in the 2013 film ‘Admission.’ He also appeared in several other films, including ‘Prince Avalanche,’ ‘This Is the End,’ and ‘All Is Bright.’
- He starred as Joel in the 2014 American comedy film ‘They Came Together.’
- Paul Rudd made history in 2015 when he was offered the role of Scott Lang, aka Ant-Man in Marvel’s superhero picture ‘Ant-Man,’ which was a commercial and critical hit. He even contributed to the film’s screenplay.
- He returned as Ant-Man in several future ‘Marvel films,’ including ‘Captain America: Civil War (2016), ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ (2018), and ‘Avengers: Endgame’ (2018). (2019). Apart from starring in the film, he co-wrote ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp.’
- Paul Rudd was cast in the fourth feature film in the iconic ‘Ghostbusters’ franchise, ‘Ghostbusters 2020,’ in 2019.
Wife and Children
- Rudd has been married to Julie Yaeger since 2003. They are the parents of a son
named Jack and a daughter named Darby.
Family History and Generations
- In 2003, he married Julie Yaeger, with whom he shares two children: Jack Sullivan, a son, and Darby, a girl.
- He enjoys watching baseball and is a fan of the baseball franchise ‘Kansas City Royals.’
- He is a member of the fraternity ‘Sigma Nu.’
- He frequently pays a visit to his high school in Overland Park, Kansas.
- Paul supports the ‘Stuttering Association for the Young’ (SAY), a non-profit organisation dedicated to assisting children and adolescents who stutter.